11 December 2009

Christmas Centerpiece from Flea Market Finds




Warmest Holiday Greetings!
  There are only 13 days till Christmas Eve! YIKES!!! I am making a centerpiece from some things I purchased at my favorite thrift! The swan is just gorgeous and she cost a whole $3! She is made of ceramic and has peeling paint in black, white and a great sorta bronze color. The guy who runs the store was glad to get rid of her which I can't understand because I think she is beautiful.



Then I found these vintage ornaments the other day and the box said 25 cents, which is very unusual  because the thrift-store-vintage-style is big around here and you have to pay what something is worth on ebay normally.



The last part of my project is this grapevine wreath which we sell at our store for $7. These are the main players in my centerpiece and now for the "embellishments"



These are the things I am using to create my centerpiece. Martha's Glitter Assortment, a bit pricey but worth it, some spray-paint, some glue, paper roses, ribbons, dried flowers, pine-cones and maybe a bit of something from my Christmases past. 




I will be finishing up later so stay tuned for the great unveiling! May all your days till Christmas be filled with His Light!
Blessings, Meg

6 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Ohmigosh Meg, I LOVE that swan!! I think it was meant to be for you to adopt her and bring her home. She's GORGEOUS! She just needs a little lovin! I hope you show pics when you're finished with her and I really can't wait to see the wreath! I really stink at arranging botanicals especially when it comes to ribbons etc. It's sad!
Have a blessed weekend!
Lea

Vicki said...

Hi, Meg,
I am looking forward to seeing your finished centerpiece. You got a great start with that swan and wreath. I hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend. Blessings to you! Vicki p.s. Great buy on the vintage ornaments, too.

Debra@CommonGround said...

Your black swan is beautiful and I'm looking forward to see what you're doing with it all. You have the makings of a great centerpiece! So glad you came by today. Hope you have a great weekend!
Debra

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Meg I can't wait to see what you do with this project. I love your black swan and I am so happy it found the perfect home!
xo Tami

Anonymous said...

I am still amazed that God sent me to you today!Seeing you is the best Christmas present that I will receive this year! I found my glove! Peace and love, your BFF.

CC said...

Your swan is gorgeous and she was just waiting for you to bring home. I can't wait to see your wreath arrangement..I know it will be beautiful.