19 August 2009

Garden Bean Pole


Here is our beanpole on July 17, considering that we usually get a frost the end of August first week of September these plants know they have to be fast growing.


This picture was taken on August 17, we are beginning to pick beans and the neighbors are sneaking in the yard to see what we are growing!!! Hah Hah!!
I can see now why the story of Jack and the Beanstalk was almost believable. My husband made this pole this spring from a pattern I found in a garden decorating book. The pole itself is 10 feet tall but the plants are already a foot over that!! I hope to fill my freezer with beans or maybe go and see the giant!!!

7 comments:

Sandi (Meme) said...

What a great idea! I hope you have a great week!

Vicki said...

Hi, Meg,
That is amazing! Not only is your bean pole beautiful, but you are going to get some yummy beans as well. I have a perennial morning glory planted in the corner of my yard, and it is like your beans. It wants to take over everything!! I hope this finds you doing well. Come see me at Bunny Cottage when you have the chance. Vicki

Farmgirl Paints said...

Now that is really cool. I love it!

Rebecca said...

I'll be looking around to see where we can put a bean pole :) I had seen ONE picture of a bottle tree that had morning glories climbing on it....maybe beans? (Although beans would take over and hide the bottles....)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love this idea! I may make my husband make me one for next year. This year we're doing the traditional bean tee pees. Look at all the lettuce you have too! I'm jealous! The heat has zapped even my heat tolerant lettuce!

You and I will be making pesto together next week!

Manuela

CC said...

Such a great garden..and that beanpole. Well, Jack would be jealous. :) , when you get to the top of beanpoke, remember to get that golden egg.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, nice structure for the beans. Danielle Ernest @ Proven Winners is trying to reach you. Her address is: Danielle@provenwinners.com. She didn't have a google account, so I told her I would help. Your garden looks great.~~Dee